Oracle DBA Training in Pune
About the Course
Oracle DBA Course at ETLhive is designed for computer professionals who want to get a globally recognized training in Oracle DBA. Oracle DBA Training in Pune at ETLhive is detailed and it includes hands-on training sessions on DBA Tasks, Oracle Networking Basics, Oracle Architecture, User and Privilege Management, Oracle NET Configuration, Oracle Constraints and Database Management, and Oracle Utility Programs. By the end of the course the candidate will be well versed with even the most difficult concepts of Oracle DBA and will be able to perform Oracle DBA tasks related to Oracle Database Administration. This course will also help you to appear for the Oracle Certified Professional Exams. After undergoing Oracle Database training the candidate will be able to create and manage database tables and objects, access and manipulate data in the database using SQL statements, and control user access to data. Further, Oracle DBA training course can also help individuals take up Globally recognized SQL certification exams.
Intended Audience for Oracle DBA Training Course
Individuals who wish to learn Oracle DBA or who wish to become database admininstrators can opt for this case. Apart from this individuals having some knowledge of PL/SQL must go for this course in order to become successful database administrators.
Prerequisites for Oracle DBA
The candidate should have a basic understanding of computer fundamentals and windows operating system. Knowledge of relational database concepts such as SQL will also prove beneficial.
Oracle DBA Course Content
- Oracle Architecture & Configuration
- Oracle DBA Tasks
- Characteristics of Oracle DBA
- Oracle: A Robust RDBMS
- History of Hardware and Oracle
- Oracle DBA and the Job Profiles
- Environment Management: Network, CPU, Disk, RAM
- Instance Management: Managing SGA Regions
- Oracle Table and Index Management
- Comparing Instance and Database
- What are the Components of an Instance?
- OFA File Structure: DBA, bdump, udump, pfile
- Studying SGA and PGA
- Understanding Background Processes
- Interfaces: Server and Disk I/O Subsystem
- DBA Management & SQL Plus
- How to Connect and Execute SQL?
- “as sysdba” Syntax
- SQL *Plus DBA Commands
Control File and UNDO/REDO
- Understanding Use of Control Files
- Listing the Contents of the Control File
- Control Files and File Locations
- Control File Information
- Displaying & Creating Undo Segments
- How to Alter Undo Segments?
- Undo Segments: Number and Size
- Understanding Flashback Technology
- Troubleshooting Undo
- Implementing Redo Log Concepts for Recovery
- Online Redo Log and log_buffer
- Archived Redo Logs
- Studying ARCH & LGWR Background Processes
- Redo Log Dictionary Queries
- Redo Log Switch Frequency & Performance
- How to Multiplex the Online Redo Log Files
- Archive the Oracle Redo Logs
- Recovering Redo Log Files
User and Privilege Management
- Studying Security Methods
- VPD, Grand Security/Role-based Security, Grand Execute
- New Database Users and Auditing User Activity
- Pre-spawned Oracle Connections
- Object Privileges & Revoking Privileges
- Displaying User Security Information from the Data Dictionary
- Oracle Database Management
- Parameter Files: init.ora, listener.ora, tnsmnames.ora
- Rules for Sizing SGA Components
- Automated Oracle Memory Management (AMM)
- Initialization File Management
- Creating the init.ora File
- spfile & init.ora values with v$parameter
- Creating listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file
- Data Buffer Configuration and Sizing
- Studying Oracle Data Buffers
- KEEP pool
- Importance of Monitoring Buffer Effectiveness
- Multiple Blocksizes & Buffer Pools
- PGA Configuration & Shared Pool
- Shared Pool Components
- Resolving Library Cache
- What is Shared Pool Contention?
- PGA for Sorting & Hash Joins
- sort_area_size, hash_area_size, pga_aggregate_target
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Verifying Network Connectivity with ping & tnsping
- How to Test Database Links?
Oracle Object Management
- Studying Oracle Tables
- Types of Oracle Tables
- Regular, IOT, Nested Tables, Sorted Hash Clusters
- Studying Oracle Views
- Understanding Materialised Views
- What are Oracles Indexes?
- Types of Oracle Indexes
- B-tree, bitmap, bitmap join index
- How to Create B*-Tree?
- What are function-based Indexes?
- Indexing Opportunities and Index Maintenance
Oracle Constraints and Database Management
- Studying Oracle Constraints
- Oracle Constraints: Costs & Benefits
- Oracle Indexes Constraints: PK, FK, unique, not null, check
- Oracle Tablespace Management
- Studying Relationship: Schema, File & Tablespace Management
- Oracle Segments
- How to Create Tablespaces with autoextend Option?
- Size of Tablespaces & Alter Database Datafile Command
- Studying TEMP Tablespace
- Default Storage Settings for a Tablespace
- Storage Parameters in DBA Views
- ASM, ASSM, pctfree, pctused, freelists
- Chained Rows & Fetch Continued Rows
- Updating Performance: pctused, APPEND
- Analysing Database Management
- Reorganizations – Chained Rows & Imbalanced Freelists
- Reorganizing Tables with Export & Import
- Reorganizing Data using CTAS
- Index Rebuilding
- Recovery & Backup Options
- Hot & cold Backups, RMAN, Block Change Tracking
- Studying Oracle DBA Utilities
- Data Pump: Imp and exp utilities
- What is SQL*Loader?
- LogMiner, Flashback, DataGuard
- Oracle DBA Utilities & Orcale dbms Packages
- Studying Replications
- Streams, Multimaster, Materialized Views
- Monitoring Oracle DBA
- Dictionary and v$ Views
- Querying the Tables, Indexes, and Segments Views
- Querying the AWR STATSPACK Tables
- Monitoring Table Extents & Fragmentation
- Table CBO Statistics
- Ways to Monitor Table & Index Growth
- Monitoring Indexes: Usage & Fragmentation
- Locating un-used Indexes
- Ways to Identify IOT Candidates
- How to Reorganize Indexes with Alter Index Rebuild?
- Dropping Indexes & Getting Index Information from the Data Dictionary
- Workload & Trend Monitoring
- Monitoring Workload Tools with v$bh
- V$sql and v$sql_plan
- Time-series Performance Report
- How to use www.statspackanalyzer.com
- Plotting Performance Data: Ion, Excel
- Performance Data, Trends, & Signatures
- Oracle Environment Monitoring
- Managing Oracle sessions: v$session, v$process
- Monitoring Disk, Network, CPU Consumption with AWR
- Alert Log, Oracle Trace, & Dump Files
- STATSPACK Reports
- STATSPACK: Time Series Reports & Performance Signatures
- Understanding Bottleneck Performance Analysis
- AWR Reports & Top-5 Timed Events
- Studying External Server Bottlenecks: Network, I/O, RAM, CPU
- What is Network Troubleshooting?
- Instance: init.ora Optimizer Parameters
- (index_optimizer_cost_adj, optimizer_mode)
- Region Parameters
- (shared_pool_size, db_cache_size)
- Contention: Buffer Busy Waits, Library Cache
- What is SQL & CBO Behaviour?
- Overview of Cost-based Optimization
- Optimizing Parameters & Dynamic Sampling
- Collecting Table and Index Statistics: dbms_stats
- How to Trace SQL Execution?
- EXPLAIN PLAN & EXPLAIN PLAN Output
- “set autorace”
- Execution of SQL
- Joins: Merge, Hash, Nested Loop
- SQL Tuning & SQL Performance
- SQL Reusability & Library Cache
- What is Table High-water mark?
- Table Striping & Table Partition
- Indexes to Improve Performance
- Re-writing SQL Queries & Tuning Sub-Queries
- Studying Oracle High Availability Tools
- Continuous Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Oracle Multi-master Replication
- What is Data Guard?
- Oracle Streams & Real Application Clusters
- Backup & Recovery Options
- Oracle Level backups
- Hardware Level Backup & Recovery
- Studying Disk Mirroring
- Backup: RAID Level
- expdp & RMAN
- Hot and Cold backups
Oracle DBA Course Features
One Stop Solution!
Ability to attend missed sessions
We Deliver What We Promise!
"What our customers say"